Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Remember When

I "discovered" Country Music over 10 years ago. I was flipping channels on the car radio, and stopped when a tune sounded catchy. Then the lyrics caught my attention ... hmmm ... words that actually made some sense. Finally ! Then as I listened to more and more Country songs, I found songs that I can actually relate to.

I have a very open mind when it comes to music, movies, food and books. But I used to get turned off by vulgar music videos and lyrics that make no sense. Till I discovered Country Music. So I have decided to write about Country songs that I like !

Alan Jackson is one of my favorite artists. Great voice, simple touching music, and almost always, great lyrics. Starting with one of his best. This is almost poetry.
Remember when ... thirty seemed so old
Now looking back, it's just a stepping stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when ...

Remember when ... we said when we turned gray

When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...