Saturday, October 25, 2014

My First Song ... Deewaana

When I started writing the blog a few years ago, I had no idea that one day I will write a post like this. In fact, I had no idea that I will write such a post just an year ago. But here I am, very happy to share my first song.

I wrote the lyrics of this very sad song about a "break up". While composing the tune I have tried adding some shades of Yaman.

I was immensely fortunate to have someone as accomplished as Kamlesh Bhadkamkar help me in arranging the music, enlisting the artists and getting it professionally recorded. I am a novice when it comes to composing, almost an illiterate. This song wouldn't have been possible without his help. Kamalesh is a frequent music arranger on Indian TV, most famously for Zee TV's "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa".

Ketan Patwardhan has provided his superb voice, and has sung it beautifully. Many thanks to him.

Shruti Bhave-Padhye has played the solo violin. She also frequently accompanies "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa" on Zee TV.

Here it is. Hope you like it.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...