Sunday, July 29, 2018

Maajhiyaa Geetaat Vede

स्पंदने ज्ञानेश्वरांची माझिया वक्षांत व्हावी

Presenting our latest song, and just like our previous two songs, this one is also based on a wonderful poem by the legendary poet Suresh Bhat. This is a very different poem than what we typically identify Suresh Bhat with. A prayer. Technically perfect, and masterfully worded. I hope we bring out the essence of this great poem through our efforts.

Thanks a lot to Preeti NImkar Joshi for providing her melodious voice to this composition. The music arrangement is by Aniket Damle. The highlight of it is the violins which are organized by Suhas Katdare. Amey Thakurdesai is on Tabla and Amogh Dandekar is on the Guitar.

Many thanks to Anita Limaye for specifically drawing many of the sketches just to accompany the song and making it a visual treat.

I hope you like our efforts and support it by sharing it with your friends.




माझिया गीतात वेडे दुःख संतांचे भिनावे
वाळल्या वेलीस माझ्या अमृताचे फूल यावे

आशयांच्या अंबरांनी टंच माझा शब्द व्हावा
कोरडा माझा उमाळा रोज माधुर्यात न्हावा
स्पंदने ज्ञानेश्वरांची माझिया वक्षांत व्हावी
इंद्रियांवाचून मीही इंद्रिये भोगून घ्यावी

एकनाथाने मलाही बैसवावे पंगतीला
नामयाहाती बनावे हे जिणे गोपाळकाला
माझियासाठी जगाचे रोज जाते घर्घरावे
मात्र मी सोशीन जे जे ते जनाईचे असावे

मी तुक्याच्या लोचनांनी गांजल्यांसाठी रडावे
चोख वेव्हारात माझ्या मी मला वाटून द्यावे
ह्याविना काही नको रे, एव्हढे दे पांडुरंगा

ह्याचसाठी मांडिला हा, मी तुझ्या दारात दंगा

Poet : Suresh Bhat Singer : Preeti Nimkar Joshi Composer : Abhay Avachat Music Arrangement : Aniket Damle Violin Arrangement : Suhas Katdare Guitar : Amogh Dandekar Tabla : Amey Thakurdesai Visual Art : Anita Limaye Video Editing : Abhay Avachat

For those, who do not understand Marathi, here is an excellent translation provided courtesy of Abhay Patil.


Grant just so much to me!

Let the pathos of saints 
seep in my songs 
Let the flower of immortality bloom
on the sapless vine that is me,

Let my words be ripe with 
purpose as expansive as the sky
Let my dry breath 
bathe in sweetness

Let the heartbeat of Saint Dnyaneshwar 
throb in my bosom 
Let my senses gratify 
sans physical sensation

Let Saint Eknath allow me 
to break bread with him 
Let my life be an eclectic recipe
stirred by Saint Namdeo

Let the millstone of the world 
grind for me 
But, let my pain be 
that felt by Saint Janabai

Let me weep for the downtrodden
with the eyes Saint Tuka 
Let me be immersed thus 
in business that life is

Nothing more I need 
Grant just so much to me, hey Lord Pandurang 
Just for that sake 
I create ruckus at your doorstep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...